Vancouver WA | Battle Ground | La Center | Ridgefield
Professional Mattress Cleaning Services
If there is one place in the entire house that you want to feel relaxed and comfortable, it’s your bed. However, it may be difficult to relax if you know what’s living and growing on your mattress.
What’s Inside My Mattress?
- Bed Bugs: We’ve all heard about infestations at hotels, motels, and other travel areas, but the truth about bed bugs is they can live anywhere. It doesn’t matter how many people use your bed or how often you clean your home, it is still possible to pick up bed bugs.
- Dust Mites: Living in those tiny nooks and crannies are the extremely tiny dust mites. These parasites cannot be seen with the naked human eye, but they are thriving and multiplying on your mattress and elsewhere in your home. The feces of the dust mite contains enzymes that can cause allergic reactions and other health conditions including asthma, eczema, bronchitis, headaches, fatigue, and sinus pain.
- Molds, stains, and odors: There are several other issues that can be eliminated or reduced with regular mattress cleanings. Mold comes in a large variety of colors and levels of toxicity, and many of them enjoy the dark and damp areas of our bedrooms. Stains and odors from urine, wine, or other substances are nearly impossible to treat at home, but our mattress stain cleaning experts are able to effectively treat these issues as well, leaving your mattress looking and smelling fresh and clean.
Regularly scheduled mattress cleaning services by a professional mattress cleaning company can help identify these issues before they erupt into major problems, and deep cleaning can also prevent many issues from even occurring!
How to Deep Clean a Mattress
There are several DIY ways to attempt to clean your mattress, but there are limitations. A traditional DIY mattress cleaning typically involves vinegar, hot water, and some kind of soap. While this can get surface stains and minimal odors out, you will not be able to penetrate within your mattress. DIY cleaning can even make your mattress condition worse if you saturate the actual fabric to a point where it cannot dry quickly enough. DIY mattress cleaning will not sanitize your mattress, so anything “leftover” that isn’t cleaned, will come back with a vengeance.
Here are some specific considerations before DIY cleaning:
- If your mattress has dust mites, you may be able to get some of them, but without sanitization, there will still be a dust mite population left to multiply.
- Molds, stains, and odors might be partially reduced by cleaning at home, but you will not be able to eliminate mold and some odors completely.
- If your problem involves identified bed bugs, you will need to call a pest control company. They’ll take care of your bed bug problem, but they won’t be able to clean your mattress!
Professional Mattress Deep Cleaning Makes a Difference
North County Carpet Cleaning professionals use a safe and effective sanitizing solution to get to the pests and impurities that are embedded deep within your mattress. Depending on the size of the mattress, our technician will have your mattress completely cleaned and sanitized between 30 minutes and 1 hour. It only takes 2 hours for the cleaning solution to evaporate, so you can sleep in your clean bed the same night.
Why Do I Need My Mattress Cleaned?
Studies have shown that babies and children that are exposed to environments where there’s high dust mite exposure or other allergen exposure are more likely to develop allergies, asthma, or both. It is recommended that you get a professional mattress cleaning at least once per year to keep your mattress clean and your family healthy. However, if you or a family member suffers from allergies, more frequent cleanings may be called for.
Professional Mattress Cleaning
While at-home mattress cleaning may involve some wiping-down or vacuuming, a professional mattress cleaning service will provide deep-down sanitization. Our professional mattress cleaning equipment is hospital-grade, so you can be assured that our cleaning service will get your mattress as clean as it can possibly be. It’s highly recommended to hire a professional with the experience and equipment on how to deep clean a mattress. Contact North County Carpet Cleaning today to schedule your mattress cleaning!